- American College of Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia (ACVAA) Anesthesia and Analgesia, 1995
- Residency in Anesthesia and Analgesia, University of California-Davis, 1988
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM), Ontario Veterinary College University of Guelph, 1982
- Anaesthesia consulting in small animal private practice and industry:
- Mobile anaesthesia practice for anesthetic management of difficult cases
- Instruction and training of DVMs and AHTs in advanced small animal anaesthesia and analgesia techniques
- Consulting with practitioners on anaesthesia and analgesia related topics, Editor/publisher of small animal anaesthesia recipe book Veterinary Anaesthesia Update (second edition)
- Steve (sweetie), Ace the most perfect Labrador in the world (aka acepromazine deficient), Patricia the cat (prefers to be referred to as Your Highness)
- Skiing, cycling, dog walking, baking, crossword puzzles
What I like most about VIN
- "Of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most"
- The Unity Classroom. It makes excellent continuing education available to all practitioners from the comforts of their homes and practices. One of the many ways that VIN helps us balance life and work.