- American Board of Veterinary Practitioners (ABVP) Avian Practice, 2006
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM), Washington State University, 1998
- Bachelor of Science (BS), Washington State University, 1995
Current Professional Activities
Past Professional Activities
- Avian Veterinary Specialty Services, providing avian veterinary consultation and surgical services, primarily for wildlife projects, throughout North America.
- Adjunct faculty to U. of Wisconsin College of Veterinary Medicine and to BioDiversity Research Institute.
- Associate veterinarian at Brook-Falls Veterinary Hospital in Menomonee Falls, WI
- Consultant for Southeast Alaska Petroleum Resource Organization (SEAPRO), Ketchikan, AK
- Associate Veterinarian at the Bird and Exotic Clinic of Seattle, WA
- Associate Veterinarian at The Medical Center for Birds, Oakley, CA
- Bald eagle management, Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Veterinarian, Alaska Raptor Center, Sitka, AK
- Veterinarian, All Creatures Animal Hospital, Bremerton, WA
- Pre-Vet: Technician and handler of "Buddy" the eagle for Alaska Raptor Center
- Private pilot (single-engine land and sea, instrument)
- Drawing/painting, especially realistic avian topics in digital format
- Database programming
What I like Most About VIN
- "One of the penalties of an ecological education is that one lives alone in a world of wounds. Much of the damage inflicted on land is quite invisible to laymen. An ecologist must either harden his shell and make believe that the consequences of science are none of his business, or he must be the doctor who sees the marks of death in a community that believes itself well and does not want to be told otherwise."
— Aldo Leopold, A Sand County Almanac
- Everyone has something to give and to gain from the body of knowledge here.