- Residency in Diagnostic Imaging, University of Wisconsin, 1990
- Internship in Small Animal Medicine, Cornell University, 1988
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM), University of Wisconsin, 1987
Current Professional Activities
- Owner of a 3 doctor general practice and an imaging referral practice offering mobile capability and multiple fixed-locations in southern Wisconsin.
- Married since 1983 to Debbie ó a truly exceptional human who tolerates my bird dog habit.
- One Son (Malachi) who is a Chemical Engineer developing low energy nuclear reactors in northern MN. He is convinced he will save the world and I am starting to believe him.
- One daughter (Brianne) who completely disregarded my advice and went to veterinary school anyway. Now she represents a big part of my exit strategy and she doesnít even know it yet.
- Two dogs (Bocephus and Willie). Two Wirehaired Pointing Griffons.
- Two Cats (Virgil and Sebastion)
- I still put up any retriever or pointer puppy who needs a place to land and I still have my kidís pets living here often :)
- wilderness paddling and hiking, bird dog training, fishing
- teaching an outdoor ethic to my children
What I like Most About VIN
- Life is a long lesson in humility
ó James M. Barrie
- VIN is a grand idea Ö almost too grand to imagine when it started. But there were some who truly believed in the power of the community to build the idea. Those first believers now know they were right, but I suspect they may never truly know how many have been positively impacted. There are many and I count myself among them. I feel very fortunate to have any small role in this grand idea.